Tuesday, April 22, 2014

About VerizonModem.blogspot.com

I am a communications Technician, and have done my fair share of installing and setting up customer's DSL, FiOS, cable modem and other internet and network connections. Recently I had FiOS internet services installed in my own home (it just recently became available at my address).

Generally when installing FiOS for internet only customers I remove the Verizon provided modem/router and connect a "real" router directly to the ONT with CAT5 or CAT6. The only real reasons to opt for the Verizon router is if you do not yet have a real router yet, or if you subscribe to the television services.

Being that I am shipping my router back, and do not have access to a Verizon provided FiOS router everyday, I decided to screenshot all of the various pages and configuration menus inside of the modem/routers that they provide for future reference, and troubleshooting remotely with customers.

While I have made efforts to ensure every page you can access from the router/modem is available, I can not guarantee that I overlooked a specific link, or a hidden page.

Note that making changes to some of the more advanced features inside your router could cause you to lose your internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment